Friday, September 7, 2012

Yesterday was my third round of Paclitaxel.  Three down and nine to go.

The staff at ANMC is fabulous.  Since the beginning of this journey, I've been so impressed with the staff, nurses, and doctors.  The dread that I get every week having to go to the infusion room quickly changes when I see the staff.  They know the right things to say and do.  It must be a challenging job, but they all do it with such ease and care.

My acupuncturist is amazing as well, and she too is part of the ANMC system.  She knows exactly what is ailing me and is able to place needles so strategically.  She always asks how I'm doing, and like a kid asked what their day at school was like, I answer, "Fine."  She probes with specific questions about my mood, or stress, or pain, and she's always right about the ailment I hadn't thought to mention.  Amazing!

This weekend I'm going to try to eat foods to help my Qi.  I play Qi in words with friends all the time, but didn't even really understand what it was.  Qi is the energy in our bodies, and mine is lacking.

The other thing lacking in our house is healthy bodies.  Caleb had been sick with a chest cold for several weeks, then Jared got the germ, and now James is sick.  We couldn't decide who should wear a mask last night, so we both wore it to bed.  I'm not sure how long it actually stayed on after I fell asleep, and if I fell asleep before James, I'm not sure if he kept his on.  :)

3 comments:

  1. What a great pic!

    Hope everyone gets to feeling better.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 down 9 to go and hopefully they go smoothly and quickly!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet picture! Margaret

    ReplyDelete