Wednesday, May 30, 2012



5/15
Pre-mediport surgery...stretching my arm.
We've received several bits of good news lately.  The ultrasound of the lump in my arm pit showed what they think is muscle and the lump has decreased.

The PET scan and MRI both came back clean.  Seattle Cancer Care Alliance agreed with the Oncologist in Anchorage that I should be treated with AC-P: Andriamycin with Cytoxan for 4 cycles every 3 weeks, followed by 12 weekly doses of paclitaxel.  This will be followed by 6 1/2 weeks of radiation 5 days/week.  That puts me at mid January for finishing - I guess our family trip backpacking through Africa over Christmas break will have to be postponed.




Here's a great web site on AC-P:  http://www.healthcentral.com/breast-cancer/c/78/10887/ac-act-tac



A little too happy?  Too much anesthesia.
The only bad news recently was that holistic care is not covered by my insurance, including massage, acupuncture, and naturopathic doctors.  I'm going to pursue it anyway because I've heard from several cancer survivors who have said that it made a huge difference in reducing their side affects.




James making me laugh...all night l
Surgery for the mediport is Monday, 5/21 with chemo beginning on 5/30. James and I were out this weekend and purchased some of the cutest hats.  I love hats, so this is going to be a great excuse to wear some!

Have a great week!
Love, 
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. I think this blog is such a good idea..and someday (in about 20 years) you will look back on it and realize that this experience, like so many others, has added to the person you have become.
    Today, when I knew you were getting "infused" with the toxins, it took me right back to the brown leather chair in Dr. Webbs office. Once you start the journey, as James put it, it will always be with you and become a part of you. It will make you and your family stronger because breast cancer happens to the whole family, not just you.
    There are literally thousands of people praying for you and James and the boys..so "onward and upward"... :) and love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote you a nice long note and then it didn't get posted. I am not experienced on blogging, but I am working on it. I have to run the boys to school now, but quickly want to say how amazing you look and I love seeing the pictures of you smiling! You are in our prayers! We love and miss you and I will be looking forward to more of your posts. Big big hugs and kisses! Love kim thompson (CT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I laughed when I saw these pictures! These pictures make me really smile, you look like you haven't felt that good in years...that anesthesia must have been some really good stuff!

    Leah Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your smile in these pictures. You seem to have a great attitude about all of this, and a great support system. We're all cheering you on, every step of the way. :)

    ReplyDelete