Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5/4
James and I visited with the Oncologist and Surgeon this morning.  We will send our information to Seattle Cancer Care Alliance for a second opinion, which the Oncologist was perfectly comfortable with, however this is the plan of attack as of today.

The PET scan came back showing nothing, which was extremely positive.  I am scheduled for an MRI of my brain to make sure there is nothing there.  The MRI of my brain is to follow up with a previous concern and migraine.  I just happened to have an absolutely killer migraine this morning and took two rounds of rizatriptan and two advil, and three hours before anything touched it.  I feel much better now, but a little foggy.

They will continue to monitor the small nodule in my lungs from the CT scan.
There is no concern with the cyst on my liver.

Dr. Olnes presented two options for chemotherapy.  The first, TC, which is
12 weeks.  The second, AC-P, which is 12 weeks, plus an addition 8 weeks.
Both of these are followed with 5 weeks of radiation.  He presented the pros and cons of both and felt that the second option, which was more aggressive, was the one to go with due to the rapid nature in which the tumor presented itself.  He did go over all of the side effects as well.  We decided to go with his recommendation of AC-P, and will be sending the information to Seattle just to confirm.

I did get the final drain out.  They are going to let the fluid from the left drain just be absorbed, and there is nothing I can do to speed the process.  They are going to ultrasound a lump near my right armpit because it has appeared since surgery and they want to make sure it isn't anything.

I'm scheduled for the following appointments:
5/8 - Radiology to ultrasound the lump near my right armpit
5/10 - Follow up to the ultrasound and pre-op for  the mediport
5/21 - Surgery to insert the mediport
5/29 - Appointment with Oncologist
5/30 - Chemo treatment 1 (a round every 3 weeks)

They have a couple of other appointments to schedule (physical therapy, MRI and blood work), but this is the current plan.  It won't change much unless we hear something different from Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but James can chime in.  It was a lot of information.  :)

I'm heading to work for a 1/2 day, so I'll catch up with email and phone calls this evening and weekend.  Again, thank you so much for the encouragement and prayers.  I am blessed and at peace, even as crazy as this journey is.

Much love,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment