Thursday, July 5, 2012

7/5
I haven't blogged in awhile and have been feeling kind of blah for a couple of days.  I can't quite put my finger on what it is.  Could it be all of the chemo drugs running through my body?  I forget about that.  My request for acupuncture tomorrow - stick the needles in where ever they will make me feel happy and full of energy!

My therapy has been cooking (and Pinterest).  The boys love it.  Chocolate chip cookie batch number 2.  Vitamin waters - my favorite is pineapple, lemon grass, ginger, and mint.  Spicy smoked salmon and barbequed ribs were on the menu this week. And home made hamburger buns for moose burgers tomorrow. 







I took a few days off from working out and this morning while running, I ran into a black bear as a rounded the corner.  He was "looking into" mailboxes, basically getting on his hind legs and looking at the closed box.  He was about 100 yards down the road and I didn't get a very good picture of him, but I did turn around and backtracked the way I came.  I was still able to get in 3 1/2 miles and didn't run into him again.  James' reminder - run with the bear spray - which I usually do.  This was the first time I didn't have it...really!
Thank you for all of the notes, emails, phone calls and prayers (and hats).  They really lift my spirits.  James, Jared and Caleb are very understanding and patient, but often aren't sure what I need.  I often don't know either.  So thank you!

Much love,
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Your buns are AWESOME, babe.....tee hee hee!!!
    The U. S. Postal Service apparently has a new employee in your neighborhood....watch out for bears in uniform!
    Now I'm hungry for chocolate chip cookies and it's only 8:22am.....
    Big hugs and love....deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa..you are handling this like you have handled everything else that has been difficult...with grace and courage. You may not realize it but you are an example to many who do not have your faith...I Peter 1:6-7..says it all..Love you "Daughter" !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I had no idea you loved cooking ;) A women of so many talents. Pinterest is addictive. I have spend too many hours looking at ideas this summer for all sorts of things. Maybe if it would have been sunny I would have gotten off the computer and gone outdoors. Thinking of you friend!! Carissa

    ReplyDelete