Friday, July 13, 2012

It has been a fabulous week with family visiting from Kansas City, MO.  We were able to enjoy the outdoors including hiking Flat Top; mountain biking (for the boys) and Saturday Market for the rest of us; and a trip to Homer and Seldovia to fish for halibut.  My energy level has stayed pretty good with lots of help from family and friends.

45 Pounder
Double hook-up
Fishing out of Seldovia was a lot of fun with calm seas and plenty of fish.  Our largest fish was about 45 pounds but most were around 20 pounds.  We kept the fatties and threw the rest back.  Everybody caught fish - we even caught a few rays and cod.  The halibut were fun to watch as they followed up their hooked buddies in schools.  I was even able to lean over the boat and gaff an unhooked halibut.

My blood work Wednesday was good showing my red count had climbed to 12.2 and my white blood cells were at 6.4; everything else looked good.  With that being said, I had chemo Thursday morning and followed the usual routine: 7 anti nausea pills, hook up to the medi port, steroid iv, anti nausea iv, Adriamycin iv, Cytoxan iv, and a final flush.  Everything went well and I had some great company and a fabulous nurse who kept me smiling and laughing for 3 hours.  I was pretty tired, so came home and slept for over 3 hours, but was able to enjoy some deep fried halibut for dinner. 

Looking forward to acupuncture today so she can address the nausea that woke me up last night.  I'm still taking all of my supplements which seem to be helping a great deal.  I did start my menstrual cycle Tuesday, however the flow was only heavy one day and night so that's an improvement.  Wednesday night I woke up covered in sweat - so maybe menopause started and that was my first hot flash.  But probably not.



5 comments:

  1. Hi, Lisa. We've never met, but I sent you and you family some meatless marinara! I hope you do well and beat this. If you need anything that I can do, I'd be happy to oblige!

    Please don't hesitate. I've got nothing going on that can't wait!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The marinara was awesome and very much appreciated by our entire family! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. You totally rock, Lisa! Glad you are able to get out and enjoy summer. Your fish look yummy! Looking forward to hearing about some if your favorite recipes. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally- it worked!!!! So good to see you and visit yesterday! Xoxo- Margaret

    ReplyDelete