Wednesday, June 13, 2012

6/13
Yesterday was an interesting day.  I went in for my second neupogena shot and due to concerns with the amount of blood flow I had, the Gynecologist asked that I be sent to the ER.  After a blood draw and the ER doctor and Gynecologist having consulted, I was free to go home with James, Jared and Caleb.  My white blood cells were up to 1.2 and my red blood cells had only dropped a minimal amount.

Later in the evening, I decided to address the issue of the excess hair in my brush in the morning.  James and I called in an expert, Rona (our friend from down the street AND my Oncology nurse), to help with the cutting for Locks of Love.  We had fun and Rona had real talent.  Watch this~

Today I had my third and final neupogena shot and other than some aches in my bones, I feel great.  We're all washing our hands lots and have pretty much hung out around the house to avoid crowds of germy and sick people.  Unfortunately, James had to go back to work today; its just me and the boys hanging out for a week.

10 comments:

  1. You look beautiful Lisa! You can totally pull off the bald look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of the two of you freshly shaved! You look great in the GI Jane look Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous new look! Demi Moore ain't got nuthin' on you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool video Lisa and James. We are thinking of you guys all the time! Lisa, you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I immediately thought of GI Jane! Now you have the muscles AND the cool hair cut! Now you can whip kids into shape just with your new look ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will only need hats for if your head gets cold...you look FABULOUS! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl.....you are ROCKIN' the new do BIG TIME!!! I think you just might be the new poster girl for Babealicious Bald Babes!!! Big hugs and love, deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the video! I especially like the evolution of various hair styles along the way. So great that you had fun with it! Great matching pic with James!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your new doo..you are the cutest shaved chick ever! So glad Rona helped make it a fun experience too!
    Love Tabetha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I took a deep breath right after the braid was cut, got a little tear in my eye. But, I LOVE you spirit Lisa! Way to make this a memorable experience for your family. You are such a good sport.
    So brave ;0)
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete