Saturday, June 9, 2012


Before the Alaska Run for Women.
Part of "Team Lisa Huffman"

Lisa and James after the race.
My time



This morning I ran the Alaska Run for Women in the timed 5 mile.  James was there to support me along with "Team Lisa Huffman" - some wonderful friends from Inlet View.  Last year's race had more than 7,300 participants and more than 350 survivors.  It is an amazing event and it was great to see so many familiar faces running, walking, and cheering.  I was very happy with my time of 39 minutes and 53 seconds since I haven't been exercising consistently since surgery in April.  Results were just emailed - I placed 166th out of 1,921 runners, 22nd in my age group, and 16th out of the survivors.

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! You are so inspiring me to keep exercising, now if I could just stop over eating!! LOL - Love - Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Lisa! You are awesome and so are James, Jared, and Caleb. Love and hugs, Dad and Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Lisa! That is a very impressive time!

    ReplyDelete