Tuesday, June 26, 2012

6/26
This round of chemo really knocked me out on Thursday and Friday.  I felt miserable both days and had a headache all day Friday.  I was able to relax around the house with ever so helpful boys, and friends who took the kiddos overnight.  By Saturday I started feeling myself again, and was feeling good by Monday.  I had acupuncture Monday and the only request I had for her was to help with my digestive system.  The acupuncture session on Friday did a fabulous job of alleviating my nausea - I didn't even need to take any of the anti-nausea medication after Friday.  My next appointment - a blood draw on Friday to check my white blood cells. 

I have two wonderful boys who are ever so helpful.  Jared has taken over as lawn boy this summer and is doing a fabulous job.  I trim it out and Jared does the rest of the mowing.  Caleb chips in whenever he is asked too.  Scooping Tucker turds is probably their least favorite job.


















After a few days off from exercising, we all went for a mountain bike ride through Prospect Heights Trail Head off of Upper O'Malley on Monday.  It was some tough terrain with a little mud, roots, rocks, and running water.  We all made it - something I couldn't have said 18 years ago when James took me for my first mountain bike ride.  Sunday was our 17th Anniversary!  I'm a blessed girl to be married to such a wonderful, supportive man.  It sure makes going through this a lot easier.  We had a great anniversary - church, family time, and friends.

Smiling, because it is all downhill from here!




6 comments:

  1. You are doing awesome Lisa! I can't believe you had the energy to do a bike ride! Keep up your great attitude and continue to do those things that keep you feeling good and like YOU! Love your blogs! Keep them coming! - Becky Zaverl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, even lawn mowing you look cute! Love the bandana too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news, you are one strong lady and what a great group of guys! Can't wait to see everyone in person! - Love, Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. You 4 are setting a great example for all of us!....love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pic of the family on your bike ride! Keep it up lady! Push through the yucky stuff and move onto the good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Glad you could celebrate - think of you often.

    ReplyDelete